PRESS RELEASE People’s National Congress Reform Congress Place, Sophia, Georgetown, Guyana. Tuesday, August 31, 2004
The People’s National Congress Reform wishes to formally announce the results of the elections for Party Officers and members of the Party’s Central Executive Committee at its just concluded 14th Biennial Congress, August 29, 2004.
Mr. Robert H.O. Corbin, MP, was it’s sole nominee by Party Groups from across the country for the position of Party Leader and was, therefore, re-elected unopposed.
The other elected Party Officers are: Mr. Winston Murray, CCH, MP, Chairman, Mr. Basil Williams, MP, Vice-Chairman, Mrs. Deborah Backer, MP, Vice-Chairman. The fifteen (15) elected members of the Central Executive Committee are Mr. Stanley Ming, MP, Mr. Deryck Bernard, MP, Mr. Jerome Khan, MP, Mr. Vincent Alexander, MP, Mr. Oscar Clarke, Mr. James Mc Allister, MP, Dr. Dalgleish Joseph, MD, MP, Mr. Aubrey Norton, Mrs. Clarissa Riehl, MP, Dr. George Norton, MP, Mr. Ivor Allen, MP, Mr. E. Lance Carberry, MP, Ms. Amna Ally, MP, Ms. Supriya Singh and Mr. Joseph Hamilton.
As a consequence of the recommendations of the Party’s Strategic Leadership Retreat, held from February14-16, 2003, with respect to the reorganization of the Party’s management, including the establishment of a more broad base management team, and the subsequent decision of the Central Executive Committee and approved by the Party’s General Council, Congress amended the Party Constitution to provide for the appointment of Directors as well as for Advisors to the Party Leader.
Accordingly, appointment of the following Directors and Advisors was announced by the Party Leader:
- Mr. Vincent Alexander, Director of Mobilisation, Head of the Party’s Election Committee and Special Advisor to the Party Leader on Elections.
- Mr. Deryck Bernard, Director of Policy Development.
- Mr. Stanley Ming, Director of Economic Ventures and Special Advisor to the Party Leader on Economic issues.
- Mr. Raphael Trotman, Director of Legal Affairs and Special Advisor to the Party Leader on International Relations.
- Ms. Supriya Singh, Director of Public Communications.
- Mrs. Volda Lawrence, Director of Human Services and Welfare.
- Dr. George Norton, Director of Hinterland Affairs.
People’s National Congress Reform
Congress Place, Sophia,
Tuesday, August 31, 2004
Copyright 2008-2009 PNCR. All Rights Reserved.
Designed By: Denton Osborne