PRESS RELEASE PNCR LEADER ATTENDS CARIBBEAN INVESTMENT FORUM People’s National Congress Reform Congress Place, Sophia, Georgetown, Guyana Thursday, May 13, 2004
Leader of the People’s National Congress Reform and Opposition Leader, Mr. Robert H O Corbin, MP, and Businessman and PNCR Executive Member, Mr. Stanley Ming, MP, are presently in Trinidad attending the Fourth Annual Euromoney/Latin Finance Caribbean Investment Forum which is being held at the Hilton Hotel from May 12th to 13th under the theme, “Investing In A Connected Future”, The Keynote address to the forum was given by the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, Mr. Patrick Manning, at the opening session yesterday (Wednesday May 12th).
Participants to the Conference include, Business Leaders from several Caribbean and Latin American countries, representatives of several Caribbean and Latin American Governments and Companies, representatives from several International Financial Institutions and Investment agencies and representatives from several Companies and Corporations around the world who are looking for investment opportunities in the Caribbean.
Panel discussions on several important issues facing the Region are being held during the Conference. Among the many questions being discussed by the panels are:
- Is there a Prosperous Future for the Caribbean Without Economic Integration
- How can Caribbean Companies Stay Competitive in the Global Economy,
- Are Liberalised Markets the only Way to achieve a High-Tech Caribbean Economy?
- Are Caribbean Securities and Capital Markets properly priced?
- Trade Liberalisation and Economic Growth,
- Challenges & Opportunities of the biggest sporting event in the Caribbean History- Cricket World Cup 2007, and
- Caribbean Economies in 2004/2005.
Panel participants include several distinguished regional and international scholars and Leaders in Business and Government with knowledge and experience in the areas under discussion.
The PNCR Leader is using the opportunity to share with several potential investors the PNCR’s vision for the modernization of Guyana and to interest them in investing in the future of Guyana. Mr. Corbin will return to Guyana over the week-end.
People’s National Congress Reform
Congress Place, Sophia,
Thursday, May 13, 2004
Copyright 2008-2009 PNCR. All Rights Reserved.
Designed By: Denton Osborne